CLEANING AND CONDITION PRIOR TO MOVE IN AND MOVE OUT
WALLS, CABINETS, CLOSETS, DOORS and WOODWORK
· Walls, cabinets, closets, doors, and woodwork must be clean. Remove spots, food particles, grease, etc.
· Closets and cabinets must be empty and shelves clean.
· Area around cabinet knobs, doorknobs, wall switches, etc. must be clean. All marks and handprints must be removed. [Do NOT use heavy abrasives such as Comet on walls or woodwork. You are responsible for any damage to finish caused by cleaning.]
RECEPTACLE AND SWITCH PLATES
· Receptacle, switch, any other wall plates must be clean.
FLOORS – Carpeted Floors
§ Carpets must be clean and free of pet odor, stains, and damage.
FLOORS – Vinyl and tile floors
§ Floor must be clean. [Do NOT use abrasive cleaners, steel wool, waxes, polishes, or scouring powder, because they will scratch, dull or leave residue on the flooring surface. Do NOT use any type of buffing machine.]
FLOORS – Laminate and hardwood floors
§ Clean using a dry-damp sponge mop or cloth slightly dampened with an appropriate cleaner. [Do not saturate floor. Always dry-damp mop the floor as needed – never wet mop the floor. Do NOT use abrasive cleaners, steel wool, soap-based detergents, waxes, polishes or scouring powder, because they will scratch, dull or leave residue on the flooring surface. Do NOT use any type of buffing machine.]
§ Tenant is responsible for damage to floor as a result of allowing liquids, including pet urine, to stand on the flooring.
· Screens must be present and in good condition. Tenant responsible for damaged or missing screens.
· Windows must be clean inside.
· Windows must be clean outside where possible.
· Windows screens must be clean where possible.
· Sliding tray area of windows and sliding doors must be clean.
· Blinds must be clean. Tenant is responsible for blinds that are bent or broken.
· Furnace/heater grill and/or cover must be clean.
· Light fixtures, including glass cover plates, and blades (if fan light) must be cleaned.
· Light bulbs must be present and functioning. Burnt out or missing light bulbs will be replaced at tenants expense.
· Toilet must be clean inside and out, including the toilet seat.
· Sinks, bathtubs, medicine chests, tile behind the bathtub must be cleaned.
· Mold, scum, or other deposits must be removed.
· Sink and counter tops must be cleaned and free of stains and damage.
· Stove must be clean inside and out. This includes area under stovetop.
· Oven, including and removable pans or trays must be clean.
· Fan and fan hood must be clean. This includes any filters.
· Refrigerator must be free of ice build up and cleaned inside and outside.
· Temperature dial must be turned to the lowest setting – do NOT turn off.
· Clean coils, residue trays, and area under residue trays where grease & dirt accumulates.
MICROWAVE – if present
· Microwave must be clean inside and out.
TRASH & GARBAGE
· Garbage, trash, and recyclables must be removed from the unit and placed in the appropriate location outside the unit.
· If at move-out, if any extra garbage, trash, or recyclables pickup is required, tenant will be billed.
· Trash and unwanted items that accrue at time of move in or move out must be hauled away by tenant. If management is required to have such items hauled away, tenant will be required to pay the cost of removal. The tenant will incur an additional $25.00 per hour charge if the owner/manager is required to be present at the time of removal.
SPECIAL NOTE: Cleaning, painting, or other work required to eliminate odors, including those caused by tobacco, pet, or cooking, will be charged to the tenant. This includes materials and / or labor.